Media broadcasting technology has undergone plenty of big changes in recent years, and digital TV and radio have allowed us more choices than ever as a consumer. This change in technology from analogue to digital has gone hand-in-hand with changes in hardware, and we now have access to a huge number of affordable large-screen TV’s and digital radios. The problem is that some people are not able to take full advantage of this new broadcasting technology.
Have You Looked at Your TV Antenna Lately?
Digital TV gives us plenty of benefits, including but not limited to:
- A crystal-clear picture that is high definition and free of the “snow” that usually accompanies analogue signals.
- Much clearer and higher-end audio.
- Many more channels that offer old and new favourites.
The problem is that old and worn TV antennas can cause trouble with digital TV signals due in part to their design and in part to their age. If you have looked at the old antenna on your roof lately and seen that it could do with replacing, the good news is that an expert local antenna man in Rockingham can install a brand new antenna.
Signs That You Need a New TV Antenna
So, how do you know when you need a new antenna or some new cabling in the walls of your home? Here are a few of the signs to look for:
- Artefacts: Those of us who remember analogue TV will also remember the visual “snow” that often accompanied a poor signal. Due to the differences in technology, a digital TV signal that is received poorly will be cut up and produce visual glitches in the screen that look blocky. The vision may also freeze and the sound will sound harsh or cut up.
- Fewer TV channels: Digital TV has provided us with many more channels from which to choose, but some homes simply do not receive as many channels as they could. An expert can come out under these circumstances, assess the situation, do some fault-finding, and then install new cabling or a new antenna. In some cases, the TV may even need to be re-tuned.
What Other Benefits Does an Antenna Guy Offer?
Apart from being able to install a new antenna, do expert fault-finding, and install new cabling, many antenna experts can also install wall-mount TV’s. This is a great way to clear up space in an entertainment area, or even create a whole new entertainment area in the home. What better way to enjoy the latest in movies and digital TV channels than with an expertly installed antenna, cabling, and a wall mounted TV?